Confluence Preparatory Academy
Sponsor: University of Missouri-Columbia
Gender: Male – 51% Female – 49%
Race/Ethnicity: Black/AA – 98% Hispanic – 1.7% White - .3%
Student Performance (2018 DESE Reports)
4 Year Grad Rate: 90.9%
5 Year Grad Rate: 86.9%
Post-Secondary Ed: 4 Year College – 35% 2 Year College – 17.5%
- Confluence Preparatory Academy opened in 2008 at the Confluence Academy-South City campus. In 2009, CPA moved to downtown St. Louis, next to Central St. Louis Public Library.
- CPA is a Missouri A+ High School. Students in the A+ Program commit to community service through tutoring, earning a minimum 2.5 GPA and maintaining good citizenship to receive free tuition to a community college in the state of Missouri after graduation.
- CPA is involved in the Gateway2Change St. Louis Student Summits on Race.
- CPA’s FIRST Robotics team, RoboSWAG, Team 4331, consistently participates in the St. Louis FIRST Robotics Regionals in the spring. FIRST – For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology – is based in science, technology, engineering and math and develops skills in students through robotics.
- Traditionally, more than 50 percent of CPA students attended a Confluence Charter School.
- CPA graduated its sixth class of students in May 2017 with 80 seniors. Students earned $129,000 in college aid.
In 2017-2018, Project Lead The Way will begin at CPA with Principles of Biomedical Science. PLTW is a nonprofit organization that provides transformative learning experiences for students in K-12 in pathways that include computer science, engineering and biomedical science.
Advanced Placement in English language and psychology are taught at Confluence Preparatory Academy.